Saturday 11 January 2014

NEWS: RANDOM HOUSE HAS BBC'S AUDIOS!


Okay. So remember a few days ago when I told you about AudioGo ceasing trading and Random House getting the rights?


Yes. It was a very glooming day. From the previous tweet, it sounded like the New Series license was gone for good. I also told you guys that I'd try and get a fuller explanation from Nick Briggs himself. Well, I got it.

Earlier today, Nick tweeted back and here was his answer (look up at picture). Now, if you're like me, then you'll probably have noticed that he doesn't really answer the question I wanted to have answered. I wanted to know if the New Series license has gone over to Random House instead of going to Big Finish so that they can add Doctors 9, 10 and 11 to their catalogue.

From Nick' tweet, he doesn't sound very sure about the whole mess, so it's probable that Big Finish has nothing to do with the license issue (sad day for us audiolovers). Whether this means Random House has the rights to do full cast Doctor Who audios is a whole other issue.

As always, I'll try and find out more. In the meantime, it looks that our dreams of Big Finish acquiring the New Who license is still just that...a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment