Thursday 14 May 2015

YAMADA DUB PROJECT!



Hey guys. Sorry I’ve been quiet lately.

There will be reviews for Big Finish The Defectors, Death Match, Damaged Goods and The Well-Mannered War up soon. I’ve had my hands full on a new project that I’m writing for.

The new supernatural comedy anime Yamada-Kun and the Seven Witches (first impressionshere) didn’t just make a great impression on me, but a whole bunch of other people who decided to fan dub the whole series since neither FUNimation or SentaiFilmworks elected to do so. Instead, we’re going to do the whole thing ourselves. And I’ve been asked to write/adapt the script from Japanese to English. It’s been tough, but so much fun. It also takes long adapting dialogue that matches the lip flaps plus it’s 12 episodes + 2 bonus episodes so it’s taking up a lot of my time.

I was a bit careful accepting this project as the idea of fans dubbing something sounds way to amateur, but the producer had me listen to bits and pieces of how everything’s going to sound and it is fantastic. It really does and I can’t wait until we have some clips dubbed to tease you with. Will definitely share with you.
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment